Straighten Your Smile Without the Hassle
Traditional orthodontic solutions like metal braces may be effective, but patients find them to be unattractive and uncomfortable. Luckily, technological advancements have led to the development of clear teeth aligners, known as the Invisalign® system.
At Contos Smile Center, our Charlotte, NC dentist Dr. Peter Contos is proud to offer this modern orthodontic solution to patients in Pilsen, Bucktown, and Skokie. Read on to learn more about the Invisalign treatment and how you may benefit.
What is Invisalign®?
The Invisalign treatment is a revolutionary orthodontic solution that can discreetly straighten your teeth without the hassle and embarrassment of metal brackets and wires. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable and removable, allowing you to live your life without restrictions.
Treatment with Invisalign won’t require any tightening appointments, as the aligners gradually move your teeth into alignment over time. Switch over to a new set of aligners every two weeks to achieve the straight, healthy smile you deserve!
Benefits of Invisalign®
There are several advantages to Invisalign that other orthodontic treatments can’t match. Some benefits you can expect from the Invisalign treatment include:
- Discreet Appearance: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so you can achieve straighter teeth without sacrificing your beautiful smile.
- Easy Maintenance: Keeping your teeth clean can be a challenge with metal wires and brackets in the way, but Invisalign aligners are removable for easy cleaning and oral hygiene maintenance.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can enjoy all your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your orthodontic appliance.
- Comfortable Treatment: Unlike metal braces, Invisalign aligners are created to fit naturally and comfortably in your mouth and won’t poke or irritate your gums.
- Short Treatment Time: Invisalign aligners can straighten your teeth up to two times faster than traditional braces.
The Invisalign® Process
Our Charlotte dentist will first take digital x-rays and dental impressions of your teeth to aid in creating your first set of aligners.
Dr. Contos will help you understand how to wear and care for your aligners. Wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours to ensure successful treatment. Most sets of aligners will be worn for two weeks before you switch to a new set. This can vary based on your progress and treatment plan.
We recommend scheduling routine dental visits with our Charlotte, NC, orthodontic specialist about every six weeks to check the fit of the current aligners and take impressions for new sets of trays.
Invisalign® Options and Attachments
At Contos Smile Center, we offer various Invisalign options and attachments, including:
- Invisalign Full treats complex bite cases with a product worn on the top and bottom teeth.
- Invisalign Lite is appropriate when less tooth movement is necessary to attain the final straightening.
- Invisalign i7 can target one tooth or a few teeth that stand out in an otherwise orderly mouth.
- Invisalign Teen is ideal for younger patients and comes with clever benefits for parents: a blue dot indicator that reveals whether your teen is wearing the aligner for the required number of hours each day.
- Invisalign Express is a faster, less costly option for patients with minor crowding or spacing issues, and is an ideal choice for individuals who had an orthodontic correction in the past but experienced a change in the position of the teeth over time.
- Invisalign with mandibular advancement improves overbite while straightening teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
▼Is Invisalign better than metal braces?
While traditional braces are an effective treatment, Invisalign is a much more convenient orthodontic solution. Each new aligner places pressure on the teeth to gradually move them into alignment. No metal wires or brackets eliminate the need for tightening appointments.
To determine if Invisalign is the ideal solution for you, schedule a consultation with our Charlotte, NC, orthodontist.
▼Does insurance cover Invisalign?
Many insurance providers cover the cost of Invisalign treatment. We suggest contacting your dental insurance provider to learn more about your plan’s benefits. Contos Smile Center accepts various insurance carriers.
Dental insurance is not a requirement to receive care at our practice. Visit our financing page to discover our payment options and outside financing options.
▼How long does treatment with Invisalign take?
One advantage of Invisalign is that it can straighten your teeth in half the time as metal braces. Simply wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day and watch your teeth slowly move into alignment. Invisalign typically takes 12 to 18 months to complete, though this may vary depending on your oral health.
To learn more about the details of your Invisalign treatment, schedule a consultation with our orthodontist in Charlotte, NC, call (773) 973-0531.
Achieve the Smile of Your Dreams at Contos Smile Center
Invisalign can help you achieve your smile goal in comfort and style. Our affordable cosmetic dentist in Charlotte, NC is determined to help you achieve the straight, healthy smile of your dreams.
With a series of clear aligners, you can remove at your convenience, you can have your best smile without unattractive metal braces. Talk to Dr. Contos about your teeth straightening concerns and decide if Invisalign is right for you. To schedule a consultation, call our office at (773) 973-0531 or fill out our convenient online contact form.
We are dedicated to providing the highest level of service and quality to our patient community by cultivating strong relationships, communicating thoughtful treatment solutions, and providing an enjoyable atmosphere, we can empower our patients to take ownership of their oral health.
We are committed to researching and offering state-of-the-art dental solutions in order to deliver the most advanced treatment options to our patients.